Health Services Department
As school nurses our mission is to empower children and parents with the knowledge necessary to promote wellness and maintain healthy lifestyles; therefore, preparing students for a successful academic and life experience.
School nursing is a specialized practice of professional nursing that advances the well-being, academic success, and life-long achievement of students.
The Health Services staff is compromised of professional registered nurses (RNs), license practical nurses (LPN), and health services aide (HAS). All campuses are staffed by a LPN, RN, or both an RN and Health Services Aide.
- Physical Assessment
- Nursing Procedures and Measures
- Chronic disease management
- Communicable Disease guidelines
- Medication Administration
- Health Screenings
- Growth & Development
- Gateway to Oral Health program
- Disease Prevention and awareness
- Healthy Lifestyles
- Safety Awareness
- Blood Drives
- Health Fairs
- Health Seminars
- Medical & Dental referrals